Right before Sally got married last year, her friend Sara hosted a girls’ weekend for her and we all took a Thai cooking class together. It was unforgettable (for many reasons, inside joke Sara/Sally/others who were there LOL). I will probably never recreate any of the recipes we learned, however, because it involves a million random ingredients I have to go by at Uwajimaya.
Here is an EASY (read: fake) Thai chicken & sesame noodles recipe that anyone can make. My friend Amy is the one who introduced me to this wonderfulness. And it is so incredibly yum. Please make it.
1 lb diced chicken breast
8 oz Italian dressing
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
8 oz angel hair pasta
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 cup chopped green onion
1. Marinate uncooked chicken with 1/3 cup of the salad dressing for 1 hour.
2. Mix peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper and the rest of the dressing with wire whisk. Set aside.
3. Heat oil on high heat and cook carrots 1 minute.
4. Drain dressing off chicken and add chicken and green onion to carrots, stirring constantly for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add cooked pasta & sauce mixture, heat through. Also good with shrimp.